is the internationally recognized credentialing organization for professional life coaching. It is dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high ethical standards, providing independent certification and building a worldwide network of credentialed coaches across a variety of coaching disciplines. ICF members and credential-holders worldwide work toward the common goal of enhancing awareness of coaching, upholding the integrity of the profession, and continually educating themselves with the newest research and practices.
What is Life Coaching? Coaching is a professional relationship of accompaniment that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, and relationships, helping them to bridge the gap between where they are now and where they want to be. Coaches partner with their clients to design the life they desire by helping to create clarity and perspective which moves the client into action, accelerating their progress by providing greater focus and awareness of all the possibilities which exist to create fulfilling lives and relationships.
All coaching services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Created For Mission LLC or its’ members (your “Coach”), as well as information set forth on this website are meant to help you identify the areas in your life and in your thinking that may be standing in your way. However, coaching is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to move forward, function or make sound decisions, please seek help in the form of a professional counselor or therapist. Coaching may augment your therapy, but the work of coaching is meant to be done when major emotional and psychological wounds are already healing or healed.
In that spirit, by purchasing coaching services from your Coach at Created For Mission, you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement and that you wish to proceed:
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from my Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that my Coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by my Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to my coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent our work together involves personal and professional relationships, my Coach is not promising any specific outcomes or success. My progress depends on me.
- I understand that my Coach will treat my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and that my confidentiality agreement is limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if my Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, he/she will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype and other technology.
- I understand that coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry (other than by credentialing through ICF) and that my Coach is not licensed by the State of New York or any other state. I also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by my Coach will be considered to be provided in the State of New York.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge my Coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my Coach as a result of the advice given by my Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.